The well-known digital media company, DivX, and LG Electronics have announced the launch of the new LG BD390, which the company claims as the first LG Blu-ray Disc player to support full HD (1080p) DivX video files, allowing users to watch their favorite DivX full high-definition videos on TV via Blu-ray disc, USB or streamed over home network.
“LG is heralding a new direction for the Blu-ray industry with the full-feature high-end BD390 and incorporating support for DivX HD 1080p video is a key product differentiator,” said Simon Kang, President of LG Home Entertainment Company. “With playback for DivX HD, the LG BD390 provides an expanded full HD viewing experience.”
Impressive Highlights Of LG BD390:
- Blu-ray disc playback provides users an exceptional Full HD 1080p video experience
- 1GB on-board memory and built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
- Streams instant, and virtually endless, entertainment from CinemaNow, Netflix and YouTube, thanks to NetCast Entertainment Access
- Supports surround sound up to 7.1 channels with Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD Advanced Digital Out technologies
- 1080p upscaling for standard DVDs aiming to deliver optimal image quality
“LG is a market leader and an award-winning innovator in consumer electronics, and we are thrilled to work with them to provide the first LG BD player that is DivX Certified for 1080p HD playback,” said Kevin Hell, CEO of DivX, Inc. “The LG BD390 makes it easier than ever for consumers to playback their library of DivX HD content burned to DVD, stored on USB flash drives or streamed directly into the living room.”
The BonusView and BD-Live enabled LG BD390 network Blu-ray player that features LG SimpLink Connectivity is now available for about $400.